March 18th, 2009 | Published in Second Life Machinima Video Reports
Combining the resources of California’s oldest university and one of California’s most respected publishers, the California Legacy Project launched the California Legacy Series, which now has more than thirty books in print. The series has entered Second Life determined to add a compelling visual component to the audio excerpts. Their goal is to raise public awareness and appreciation for the state’s cultural legacy and to encourage faculty and students in their creative and scholarly interest in Californian culture.
The sets can be visited on Santa Clara Island sim in Second Life at anytime. Contact SCU Shepherd in world for further information.
This first episode is an excerpt from Raymond Chandler’s 1942 novel “The High Window”.
About Draxtor Despres
Bernhard Drax writes music for TV, commercials and feature film. His orchestral score for the Disney romantic comedy “Sommer” gained critical acclaim in Germany as the film remained among the top ten for 4 consecutive months this year. In the virtual world “Second Life,” he creates machinima reports on social and political issues. He recently started his own production company – draxtor.com – and he delivered promotional machinima for clients such as Manpower Inc., Dresdner Bank and Warner Brothers. Bernhard studied composition at the Richard-Strauss Conservatory in Munich Germany and audio engineering at the University of California at Los Angeles. He lives on the Central Coast of California with his wife and son.
- SL Entrepreneur Profiles: Journalism and Virtual Worlds, An Interview with Professor Larry Mullen
- Virtual World Commerce: What Drives the Purchasing of Virtual Goods?
- Second Life Traffic Report: Wilder Islands and Isle of Lesbos Prove Islands Rule SL in March
- Second Life News: SL Clothing Fair To Benefit Cancer Society's Relay For Life
- Virtual Libraries in SL: “Patrons not only read about characters in a novel; they interact with them”